Our team is able to assist you with the preparation and submission of immigration applications. When acting in such matters costs are usually based upon fixed fees although we can work on an hourly fee rate in some instances. You will be informed at the outset of your matter which applied to your case.
Range of costs
Our fees can vary from £900 to £10,000 plus VAT at the prevailing rate (currently 20%)
The above costs would include:
- Considering documents
- Attending on the client
- Taking their instructions and providing advice
- Preparing and submitting the application
- Advising the client on timelines and the outcome of their application
- A minimum of 3 hours work, and usually no more than 20
The exact cost of your case will depend upon your individual circumstances. Factors that may affect the cost of your case may perhaps include, but not be limited to:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of the estimates provided.
There may also be other disbursements that need to be paid in addition to our costs such as:
- Government visa fees (usually between £65 and £1600)
- A Health Surcharge (usually between £1000 and £2000)
- Priority or Premium Service fees (typically from £210 up to £610)
- For Tier 2 (work permit) migrants a Skills Charge, which is between £364 and £1000 for each year of the visa.
- Translation fees (usually £50 per document)
- Barristers fees (typically between £400 and £500 per hour)
Barristers’ fees are usually only payable where a case involves an appeal or requires complex advice about interpretation of the law.
A typical visa application will take between 2 weeks and up to three months to be decided, depending on the complexity of the case and whether a priority fee has been paid. For some UK based applications the Home Office operates a premium service, where a migrant will receive a decision on the same day.
With a combined experience of over 50 years, Alan Platt who heads the team in London and Marta Mendiondo are able to assist you with the preparation and submission of immigration applications. In their previous capacity, Alan spent 22 years working for the Home Office and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office in decision making roles in the UK and at British Diplomatic Missions overseas whereas Marta worked as a Visa and Passport Officer for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Home Office in the British Embassies in Moscow, Rome and Madrid. For individual profiles of the team, click on the links below:
- Alan Platt – Director of Immigration
- Marta Mendiondo – Senior Immigration Consultant
- Egle Dunayev – Senior Immigration Consultant
For more information
For more information about using our professional services for the preparation and submission of immigration applications, please get in touch either by telephone, email or our website enquiry form. One of our team would be delighted to speak to you and provide you with a fixed fee bespoke to your needs.