Julie is an Associate at the firm's London office and sits within Regulatory Compliance.
Julie focuses her practice on advising clients on compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) related matters.
Prior to qualification, Julie gained a great deal of experience advising clients in a number of sectors including real estate, law firms, gambling operators, financial institutions and high value dealers. She also frequently advises clients in relation to AML framework issues, business risk assessments and independent AML audits.
She has assisted on matters in relation to investigations by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), enquiries by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and advising gambling companies on both remote and non-remote operating licences and premises licences.
Professional associations and memberships
- Member of the Female Fraud Forum
My matter highlights
- Advising on AML processes for a large real estate firm
- Conducting independent AML audit for an international law firm
- Assisting B2B and B2C operators in their application for British remote-gambling licences
- Helping a London branch of an international bank draft an FCA-compliant staff handbook
- Assisting a client to recover a large sum of money frozen by a UK bank due to AML concerns.
My recent publications
Insights / Beneficial owners where art thou?
“Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? As uttered by Juliet on her balcony looking out to the garden, and Romeo waits in the shadows.
Insights / The Artful Dodger
Oliver Twist: And you Dodger, you're my friend The Artful Dodger: Huh! A friend's just an enemy in disguise. You can't trust nobody.