Department Maritime, Insurance, Commercial Disputes Qualified Athens 2004 Education (University) University of Athens – Law Degree, University of Hamburg – LLM in European & Competition Law and Master of European Studies (M.E.S.), University of Rotterdam – Master in Law & Economics Languages English, German, Greek
Dimitris specialises in wet and dry shipping litigation and dispute resolution. He has extensive experience advising major local and international shipping companies, clubs, operators, charterers, underwriters and classification societies in litigation before the Greek Courts.
Dimitris’ main area of expertise is in wet and dry shipping litigation and dispute resolution. He also represents P&I Clubs and classification societies in major casualties, marine accidents and salvage claims. He has considerable experience in all aspects of Greek Civil law and procedure and his expertise extends to litigation with government authorities arising from fines and tax and social security disputes. He also represents big insurance companies before the Greek Courts.
Furthermore, Dimitris regularly advises clients on transactional matters. His experience includes advising multi-national companies on establishing a presence in Greece and Greek companies on their incorporation, structuring, taxation and financing issues, as well as compliance with the legal and regulatory framework. He also assists clients on property-related transactions.
I AM ALWAYS RESPONSIVE TO CLIENTS’ REQUESTS, HAVE A FRIENDLY APPROACH AND EXPLAIN STEP BY STEP TO THEM THE WAY GREEK LAW IS APPLIED.
Professional Associations & Memberships
Member of the Athens’ Bar.
What you may not know about Dimitris
I like sports, travelling and reading.
My matter highlights
- Advising RINA on a dispute with a Greek owner.
- Advising several owners on their disputes with the OW BUNKER Group.
- Advising Aigaion Insurance Company with respect to the ALFA I casualty in the Bay of Elefsis.
- Advising University of Laverne regarding its litigation in Greece with the Bank of Piraeus, ex-employees and students.
- Advising the National Croatian Bank on its dispute with the Greek State over bank guarantee letters.
- Advising Allan Peters and Charles Worthington with respect to the purchase of a villa in Mykonos.
- Advising the owners of the SEA DIAMOND on every issue surrounding the sinking of the cruise vessel in Santorini.
- Advising Louis Hellenic on its dispute with the Greek State over social contributions.
- Advising MAN DIESEL TURBO regarding a dispute with a Greek owner.
- Advising Gaslog on several aspects of its deal with Gastrade on the Alexandroupolis FSRU project.
My recent publications
News / The Insurance and Reinsurance Law Review Tenth Edition
19-05-2022 / Insurance
We are delighted to share with you the tenth edition of The Insurance and Reinsurance Law Review edited by Simon Cooper. As with previous years, Ince was a member of The Law Reviews (TLR) leading panel of contributors.
Insights / ICLG - Greece: Shipping Laws and Regulations
20-08-2020 / Maritime
Greece covers common issues in shipping laws and regulations - including marine casualty, cargo claims, passenger claims, arrest and security - in 40 jurisdictions.
Insights / Chapter 18 - Greece
16-06-2020 / Insurance
The insurance market experiences constant change because of its interdependence with the economy as a whole.
News / Chapter 17 - Greece insurance
16-05-2019 / Insurance
The insurance market experiences constant change because of its interdependence with the economy as a whole. The Greek insurance market continues market continues to be under pressure (as is the rest of the Greek economy), with its main characteristic being a significant and continuous drop in premium production, especially in the car insurance sector.
News / New edition of the Insurance and Reinsurance Law Review
For the past few years, Peter Rogan (Consultant) has edited the Insurance and Reinsurance Law Review
News / Shipping E-Brief April 2016
29-04-2016 / Maritime
The Shipping E-Brief is a quarterly publication providing you with key information on legal decisions and developments in shipping and related business areas.