Reporting into the Director/SSAS Consultant, this position will be responsible for providing full administrative support and excellent customer service across the full range of transactions relating to a portfolio of Small Self Administered Schemes (SSAS). This will include maintaining relationships with the introducing accountants, IFA’s and others as well as the clients themselves. Responsibilities include:
- Dealing with the post and answering SSAS queries by telephone, email and letter
- Representing Hanover Pensions in a professional manner
- Manage their own workflow within agreed timescales
- Assist in the establishment and registration of new schemes and the transfers in and take on of existing schemes, ensuring that all compliance, regulatory and legislative checks are carried out
- Processing transfers out of schemes and dealing with death and divorce queries and assisting is scheme take overs and the winding up of schemes.
- Dealing with applications for investment, ensuring that investment is allowed and all applications are completed fully and accurately and relevant amounts are paid to the investment provider in a timely fashion and all payments are properly authorised.
- Ensuring all registration fees and other fees are paid in a timely manner, including checking and arranging payment of invoices in respect of properties held by the schemes, payment of fees to other advisers and the Pensions Regulator and Information Commissioner.
- Ensuring that proper records of all transactions are kept and maintained so that accounts of the scheme can be prepared
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual HMRC Scheme Return and where necessary the self-assessment tax returns
- Assistance is setting up new bank accounts, ensuring that mandates are properly completed and where necessary assistance in closing bank accounts
- For schemes with loans, ensuring that loan documentation is completed and the terms are adhered to including calculation loan interest due and ensuring that this is paid.
- Develop an understanding of the wider Ince Group and all the other services that the firm can provide
- Developing good working relationships with all clients and introducers
- Developing good working relationships with all other interested third parties such as banks, solicitors, surveyors, HMRC, Information Commissioner and Pensions Regulator
- Demonstrable experience working with Small Self Administered Pension Schemes and able to demonstrate good understanding of all the rules which apply to such schemes
- Demonstrate good current knowledge of pension legislation and regulation generally
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage with all levels of stakeholders and management across the group.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills
- Strong presentation and problem solving skills
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively
- Able to multi-task and prioritise changing workloads
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays, including the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension contributions up to 5%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4x Salary
- Income Protection Cover
- Optical Care vouchers and many more benefits and discounts