部门 Maritime, Commodities & Trade, and Energy & Infrastructure 执业资质 England & Wales - entered on the Role of Solicitors in 2011, called to the BAR in 2008 教育背景 MSc Finance & Financial Law – SOAS University, BVC – Inns of Court School of Law – City University, BA Hons LLB – University of Hertfordshire 语言 English
Mehtab is a Managing Associate in the firm’s marine and international trade team. She has an international practice with an emphasis on contentious and non-contentious shipping; commodities; trade; energy (oil and gas); ports and terminal work.
Mehtab handles a wide range of disputes in the English High Court, UAE Courts and DIFC, including arbitration under LMAA, GAFTA, DIAC amongst other institutional rules.
Mehtab is an English qualified Barrister and Solicitor (as of 2011). She is registered to practice as a lawyer with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department since 2017 and has significant experience in working with lawyers in other jurisdictions and in coordinating multi-jurisdictional proceedings on her client’s behalf.
Mehtab’s clients include insurers, ship operators, charterers, traders, port and terminal operators. She frequently handles disputes arising out of terminal services agreements, shipping contracts, including charterparties, bills of lading, contracts of affreightment, and other contracts of carriage, as well as disputes arising out of collisions and allisions.
Mehtab has a wealth of experience advising on and drafting commercial transactions, international trade contracts, including trade specific agreements, standard form contracts, terms and conditions and storage contracts. She also has extensive experience in cross-jurisdictional disputes and regularly advises clients on multi-jurisdictional issues.
Mehtab has previously worked at another leading, international law firm where she focused on maritime, international trade and transport work at both their London and Dubai offices. She also previously worked at two International Group P&I Clubs advising on all aspects of P&I and FDD matters.
What you may not know about Mehtab
Mehtab has a qualification in Islamic Finance from Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) in the UK, awarded jointly by the CISI and l’Ecole Supérieure des Affaires.
- Drafting the Terms and Conditions in relation to services offered by a leading Port and Terminal Operator.
- Drafting the terminal services contract in relation to operations offered in Qatar by a leading international Operator.
- Drafting various service contracts for energy traders and terminal operators both in the UAE and internationally.
- Assisting a shipowner and P&I Club client with the liability arising from a collision in Fujairah and oil pollution estimated at USD8 million.
- Assisting a re-insurer with a multi jurisdiction cargo recovery action valued at USD7 million.
- Assisting a UAE entity with marine insurance disputes valued at over AED45 million.
- Assisting a re-insurer with the recovery action arising from damage to a luxury yacht in the UAE.
- Acting on behalf of a charterer in an LMAA arbitration against the head owner and sub-charterer relating to a cargo dispute in US waters
- Advising on salvage and wreck removal in Qatari waters.