Marja advises domestic and international clients in the shipping, transport, insurance and offshore energy sectors on contentious and non-contentious matters.
Marja is a German qualified lawyer (Rechtsanwältin) and is a member of the dispute resolution team. She advises clients on all areas of maritime law, insurance disputes and commercial law on a national and international scale.
Her experience includes assisting clients in contentious and non-contentious shipping, transport and commercial matters, including German insolvency and labour law issues.
Her expertise further covers matters in the offshore energy sector, in particular with regard to renewable energy, where she advises clients on offshore construction and installation contracts, including labour law and HSE issues.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Member of Hanseatic Bar Association Hamburg (Hanseatische Rechtsanwaltskammer Hamburg)
- Member of German Maritime Law Association (Deutscher Verein für Internationales Seerecht e.v.,)
- Member of German Women Lawyers Association (Deutscher Juristinnenbund e.V.)
What you may not know about Marja
Marja is Finnish and German. Afterwards, during her studies, she worked for an international law firm with focus on cross border matters with Latin America. Consequently, she is a member of our German Latin American Desk and is involved in expanding the firm’s presence in Latin America to provide assistance in civil and commercial law matters for both German and Latin American companies and private persons.
Employee of Ince Germany Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, an independent law firm cooperating with The Ince Group.
My matter highlights
- Assisting a foreign company in insolvency claw-back claims in a cross-border dispute.
- Advising an international service provider in the offshore energy sector in relation German HSE legislation.
- Advising parties in shipbuilding contract disputes.