Rupert has over 35 years’ experience in commercial property acquisitions and disposals, commercial landlord and tenant, together with commercial and residential development. His experience includes advising clients on conditional contracts, options and site assembly, as well as commercial property finance.
Rupert acts for a wide range of developers, funders, pension fund and private investors and SMEs in all manner of property matters. He also regularly undertakes a leading role in corporate deals and transactions that involve substantial property interests.
Rupert joined Ince in 2018 following its merger with Thomas Simon. Prior to that he worked at a number of other leading Cardiff-based law firms.
“Clients of longstanding keep coming back to me. They trust me to perform in a timely manner, to give practical, jargon-free advice and to be fair and reasonable on costs.”
Professional associations & memberships
- The Law Society Property Section
What you may not know about Rupert
Rupert is a trustee of a small charity, Llanrumney Hall Community Trust, established to renovate Llanrumney Hall, ancestral home of Captain Henry Morgan, and to bring it back into beneficial use for the local community. Rupert also is a playing member of the Cardiff and Royal Porthcawl Golf Clubs, he follows most ball sports and enjoys time with his family.
My matter highlights
- Acting for a private developer in the acquisition of a substantial edge of town healthcare and science park from an international conglomerate, for redevelopment.
- Representing the interests of a Cardiff based property company in the grant of a pooled option –with other land-owners, of several hundred acres of land to a national house builder
- Advising the same client in bringing forward two prestigious sites in North Cardiff for development of executive housing, negotiating and completing easements and agreements under s.106 Town & Country Planning Act, s.104 Water Industry Act and s.278 Highways Act
- Acting in the acquisition of a run-down city centre tower block by way of new long lease from the local authority with simultaneous surrenders of previous head lease and underlease to pension funds, with view to redevelopment for hotel, office and residential uses
- Acting in the sale as a going concern of an iconic freehold city centre bar and restaurant to a listed pub group.
- Advising on the renovation and refurbishment of a listed Georgian block of flats in Tenby, many with views into the famous harbour, establishing a new lease structure and handling all flat sales.
- Acting in the acquisition and advising on the conversion of part of the former Woolworths store, Tenby to create two town houses and three apartments, the first new development in the harbour for over a century.
- Acting for a property company with substantial interests on Treforest Industrial Estate in negotiating and completing numerous lettings to national and local covenants, and advising on conversion of industrial space to a fast food outlet.
- Acting for a property company in the negotiation of a contract, conditional on planning permission, with a major commercial developer for creation of a retail park, with the anchor tenant being a well-known German discounter.
- Acting in acquisition of the former Brecon Law Courts from the Secretary of State for redevelopment for affordable housing, to include negotiation of s.106 Agreement, and back to back arrangements with a Housing Association.