Ince achieves top rankings in The Legal 500 UK Solicitors 2023 guide
The Legal 500 UK Solicitors 2023 results have been published and we are pleased to share that we have achieved top rankings across several of our key practices areas.
We have retained our Tier 1 rankings in the 'Gaming and Betting' and 'Travel: regulatory and commercial' guides; and our 'Aviation' team in London, and our 'Shipping' teams both in Bristol and London achieved Tier 2 rankings. Our family team in Cardiff also retained their Tier 2 ranking.
Members of our teams were also listed in the 'hall of fame', as 'leading individuals', 'next generation partners' and 'rising stars' in their respective fields.
Our practice area rankings:
- Gaming and betting - Tier 1
- Travel: regulatory and commercial - Tier 1
- Transport - Aviation - Tier 2
- Transport - Shipping - Tier 2
- Insurance and reinsurance litigation - Tier 3
- Insurance - personal injury: defendant - Tier 3
- Commercial litigation - mid-market - Tier 3
- Corporate M&A (smaller deals up to £50m) - Tier 3
- Licensing - Tier 3
- Employment - senior executives - Tier 4
- Family - Tier 4
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - Tier 4
- TMT - Media & Entertainment - Tier 4
- TMT - Reputation Management - Tier 5
- Transport finance and leasing - Tier 5
- Employment - employers - Tier 7
- Family - Tier 2
South West (Bristol):
- Shipping - Tier 2
- Clinical negligence: claimant - Tier 3
- Personal injury: claimant - Tier 3
- Family - Tier 4
Our individual lawyer rankings:
Hall of fame
- David Baker - Transport finance & leasing
- Jennette Newman - Insurance - personal injury: defendant
- Paul Griffiths - Shipping
- Anna Anatolitou - Travel: regulatory and commercial
- Andrew Cotton and Andrew Tait - Gaming and betting
- Beatrice Russ - Transport finance & leasing
- Gillie Belsham and Anna Anatolitou - Transport: Aviation
- Ian Chetwood, Joanna Steele, Julian Clark and Michael Volikas - Transport: Shipping
- Nick Goldstone - Commercial litigation: mid-market
Next generation partner
- Leanne Conisbee - Insurance: personal injury - defendant
- Mona Patel - Corporate: M&A (smaller deals up to £50m)
- Clarissa Dumolo - Shipping (South West, Bristol)
Our client testimonials:
Gaming and betting
"The broad nature of the firm’s commercial practice and its international spread makes it an extremely useful partner when considering online gambling, which is essentially a global product."
Transport finance and leasing
"It is a team with a long history in the market and a lot of experience. The lawyers are very diligent and provide a great service."
"An extremely knowledgeable and experienced team that is always responsive and commercial."
- "I have been working for Ince on a tricky Appeal. They have been assiduous in being on call for the client and getting advice from me on intricate points as they arise. They have managed the client’s expectations and super efficient in preparation for the hearing, both in terms of timely bundles and in meeting the requirements of the practice direction."
- "Without exception they are a pleasure to work for. Well-prepared and highly professional!"
- "The team is honest and has the facility to debate key issues rationally."
- "Ince has helped a lot of our clients with family matters through the courts and in general legal advice. They are reliable and flexible with our clients and make them reassured that there can be a resolution to there problem."
Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- "Professionalism and responsiveness. Ince are a partner of ours and we find them extremely driven and knowledgeable. Excellent client facing skills, always available and willing to support us."
- "Super-proactive and client focused, always willing to go the extra mile. Easy to work with. Skilfully manages the most high profile and reputationally sensitive matters. Experts in relation to the most complex multi-jurisdictional claims and insurance coverage disputes."
Insurance - personal injury (defendant)
"They are experts in relation to the most complex multi-jurisdictional claims and insurance coverage disputes, and deliver skilful management of the most high-profile and reputationally sensitive matters."
"Very approachable and responsive."
"Good knowledge of licensing legislation."
Medical Negligence / Personal Injury
"The team are experienced and prepared to take on high risk, high complexity and high value cases. Litigation is well resourced and run in an efficient manner."
"An excellent firm providing a very high level of service across the full range of clinical negligence cases."
Private Client: personal tax, trusts and probate
"Over those decades I have never found a team with such a sound, and authoritative understanding of charity law, or such a forensic, but common sense approach to very complex; and potentially damaging, or expensive problems. This is allied to a remarkable record of responding very quickly to queries; and the submission of detailed reports, and advice on time, and strictly to quoted estimated fees. Overall, as a client, one has a deeply reassuring feeling of being in the safest possible professional and ethical hands."
- "The firm is knowledgeable, professional, up to speed, easy to work with, uses the newest technology, always prepared to consider all aspects of a matter, quick, thorough, and innovative."
- "Always prepared to listen and consider any aspects raised."
- "Christian Dwyer is a doughty and tireless admiralty lawyer."
Individual team members
Andrew Tait (Gaming and betting)
"Andrew Tait has unparalleled knowledge and experience having worked in-house for a gaming company for 10 years. His familiarity with the very latest gambling Commission LCCP is remarkable and is used by him to great effect when dealing with the Gambling Commission."
Beatrice Russ (Ship finance)
"Beatrice Russ is exceptional – she is a shrewd negotiator and very pragmatic which we value a lot. We trust her judgement implicitly."
Christian Dwyer (Shipping)
"Christian Dwyer is a doughty and tireless admiralty lawyer."
Gillian Clark (Medical Negligence)
"Gillian Clark is experienced and has a excellent understanding of the medical evidence and medico legal issues. Also worthy of note is Frances Wright who is skilled at dealing with complex and high value cases."
Jennette Newman (Insurance)
"Jennette Newman has massive experience in insurance litigation. Fantastic capacity, in complex, multi-party disputes, to understand every involved party’s role and contribution and balance how each party and their brokers, underwriters and lawyers should participate. Quickly compels respect from other parties and leads and facilitates in multi-party actions."
"Jennette Newman is pro-active, strategic and client-focused. She has massive experience of all aspects of death and personal injury proceedings and insurance work. She is a calm and incredibly safe pair of hands."
Imogen Webb (Insurance)
"Imogen Webb is thorough, with great attention to detail. She is quick and highly intelligent. She grasps complex concepts quickly and adapts legal principles to the technical and factual environment with great skill."
Kerry Graham (Family)
"Kerry Graham – what a breath of fresh air! Efficient, solid advice and dependable. Kerry is readily available, contentious and friendly. She goes well beyond expectations. Brilliant!"
Laura Livingstone (Employment)
"Laura Livingstone has given me the most brilliant advice on two separate occasions and negotiated extremely good deals. She believed in fighting my case even when I was losing faith, she stood by me, put her head above the parapet and – amazingly – we won! I have recommended her to friends and family many times. She also answered my queries rapidly and efficiently."
Matthew Biles (Private Client)
"I see Matthew Biles who is always helpful, knowledgeable and efficient."
Matthew Stratton (Corporate)
"Matthew Stratton is a stand-out partner, taking responsibility for his clients’ needs."
Michael Volikas (Shipping)
"Michael Volikas is one of the strongest shipping lawyers in the market."
"Mona Patel and Francesca Jus-Burke – strong in negotiations with a good sense for solutions."
Roger Peters (Private Client)
"Roger Peters has an exceptional record of advising major national charities and private clients in the UK and overseas. He could not inspire more confidence in a client; or devote more analytical skill to identifying all the relevant details of complex cases; and setting out the options which may be available."
Sung-Hwan Choi (Ship finance)
"Sung-Hwan Choi is efficient and reliable in handling Korean ship finance."
Susan J Williams (Family)
"Susan Williams is really excellent. She is adept at fighting her clients corner whilst also being realistic as to the outcomes. Susan has the respect of the local judges and her opponents due to her experience and straightforward approach."