Incisive Law LLC, is a Singapore Law Practice, qualified to advise on English law as well as Singapore law.
Quick search our Singapore office page:
& Ince, in any case
A member of the Ince Group, Incisive Law LLC offers the full spectrum of legal services to local and multinational corporations across multiple sectors including shipping, trade and commodities, energy and infrastructure, financial services, aviation, technology and media and telecommunications.
The Ince Group has more than 150 years of experience of advising clients and has been present in Singapore for more than 25 years. As part of the Ince Group, Incisive Law is able to call upon this experience and our lawyers are well placed to advise and assist both local Singapore companies, and multinationals and financial institutions who use Singapore as the hub for their global operations. Our core specialist areas include:
- Corporate & commercial
- Compliance & regulatory
- Finance (including Asset Finance)
- Energy, Infrastructure, and Natural Resources
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- International Arbitration
- International Trade & Commodities
- Transport (including Shipping and Aviation)
- Restructuring & Insolvency
We represent clients in the Singapore Courts as well as in domestic and international arbitrations. Our transactional practice covers major projects in Southeast Asia and beyond.
China Practice in Singapore
Led by Wai Yue Loh, our China practice group in Singapore consists of lawyers who have knowledge servicing Chinese enterprises in China as well as those Chinese enterprises that operate outside of China. The key strength of the China Group is its extensive experience and deep knowledge of the legal and business environment in China and its ability to offer a team of lawyers who are fluent in English, Mandarin and local dialects.
Korea Practice in Singapore
Korea Practice in Singapore Led by Sung-Hwan Choi, our Korea practice in Singapore provides practical and innovative legal advice for Korean companies with business interests/operations worldwide and global companies who have an interest in investing or operating in Korea. Our team, has strong experience in advising on many cross- border dispute resolution and transactional matters for many Korean conglomerates and corporations, as well as many multinational companies operating in Korea.
- Top Tier for Shipping in Asia-Pacific (Foreign Firms), Chambers, 2011-2020
- Top Tier Shipping (Foreign Firms) in Singapore, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020
- Recognised Practitioner for Singapore - Shipping (Domestic Firms) Chambers Global 2020
- Recognised Practitioner for Singapore - Shipping (Domestic Firms) Chambers Asia 2020
- Tier 1 Shipping (Foreign Firms) in Singapore, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2016-2019
- Band 2 Shipping: Litigation Firm in Singapore, Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- Ship Finance Team of the Year, Seatrade Maritime Awards, Asia, 2017
- Winner of Ship Finance Award at the 10th Seatrade Maritime Awards, 2017
- Winner of Marine Money Deal of the Year by Project Finance East, 2016
- Winner of Norwegian Bond Deal of the Year by Marine Money Offshore, 2015
- Best in Shipping & Maritime, asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards 2015-2016
Related news & insights
News / Winding up petitions and arbitration agreements: a comparison of the Singapore and HK approaches
15-06-2020 / Maritime
Recent decisions of the Hong Kong and Singapore courts show different approaches to the issue of when a winding-up petition will be allowed to proceed in circumstances where there is an arbitration agreement.
News / Winding up petitions & arbitration agreements
15-06-2020 / Maritime
In AnAn Group (Singapore) Pte Ltd v VTB Bank (Public Joint Stock Company)  SGCA 33 (“VTB Bank”) and BWG v BWF  SGCA 36 (“BWF”), the Singapore Court of Appeal examined the issue of what is the appropriate standard of review, when a dispute subject to an arbitration agreement arises, in relation to a debt which forms the basis of a winding-up petition.
News / The Ince Group strengthens Asia Pacific offer by strategic changes in Singapore
The consolidation of Ince & Co Singapore LLP with Incisive Law LLC on 1 June 2020, together with a number of senior lateral hires signals a bright future.
Insights / Covid-19: How has this impacted Singapore as a dispute resolution forum?
The outbreak of Covid-19 has had a significant impact on how parties are able to commence and continue the conduct of dispute resolution proceedings, especially at the transnational level.
News / Blockchain: Bills of Lading & Official Documents
23-04-2020 / Maritime
Carriers, charterers, traders and shippers commonly experience the issue of original bills of lading arriving late at a port of discharge, thereby depriving the lawful holder or consignee of timely taking delivery of the cargo. This may delay cargo operations, lead to incurrence of demurrage or detention fees, directly or indirectly contribute to port congestion and/or the incurrence of port costs and expenses.
News / IMO 2020: Impending Carriage Ban - “Legitimate” de-bunker/disposal practices
17-02-2020 / Maritime
The International Maritime Organisation’s (“IMO”) “carriage ban” rule makes it an offence, as of 1 March 2020, for ships to carry fuel oils that contain sulphur content higher than 0.5%, unless the vessel has a scrubber or the fuel is carried as cargo.