Vasiliki has a passion and enthusiasm for shipping and corporate matters. Vasiliki is an Associate Lawyer in the firm’s Limassol office. She is a Cyprus qualified lawyer and mainly advises clients in the corporate and shipping department.
Vasiliki has undertaken work experience with a well-known law firm in London specialising in Shipping law. After returning back to Cyprus, Vasiliki has successfully completed her training period and been admitted to the Cyprus Bar Association.
Her area of expertise inter alia, include, shipping law (including ship management, ship registration and ship security issues), corporate and commercial law as well as contract law, Vasiliki is currently involved in a number of proceedings at Admiralty Court. She can draft, negotiate and conclude a wide range of agreements, including but not limited to commercial contracts (i.e. share purchase agreements, pledge agreements, guarantees) and other legal documents. Additionally, Vasiliki has managed to effectively settle cases out of the Court in favour of her clients.
“I am happy to work under pressure and share the satisfaction of the client in achieving a successful result notwithstanding any and all hurdles that need to be overcome. I am fully focused in acting in the best interests of my clients coupled with my desire to keep my clients constantly informed about the progress of their case to provide them with a high level of reassurance and confidence in the work that I am doing for them."
Professional associations and memberships
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association (CBA)
What you may not know about Vasiliki
Vasiliki enjoys travelling in her free time, by enjoying summer activities and spending her free time with friends and family. Additionally, Vasiliki enjoys water sports during the summer and loves skiing during the winter.
My matter highlights
- Advising a German law firm and successfully managed to detain a Maltese flagged vessel in Limassol by the shipowners as the Master was unwilling to obey to the shipowners’ instructions. It was a complex engagement with multiple parties involved.
- Advising ship owners for the registration of their vessels under the Cyprus Flag.
- Advising Chinese clients for the discharge of their vessel’s mortgage from the Deputy Shipping Ministry and the Registrar of Companies.
- Advising and drafting of Cyprus International Trust for a Swiss client.
- Advising an International Shipping Company in Cyprus in relation to various Suppliers Agreements.
- Advising and drafting of a Pledge Agreement in relation to a purchase of a Cyprus Flagged Vessel.
- Advising a Russian client in relation to a Cyprus Company and the Share Pledge Agreement that the Company will be entering into with a Russian lender.
- Dealing with the amendment of the memorandum and article of association of Cypriot Entities.
- Dealing with various licences and certificates issued by the Deputy Shipping Ministry in Cyprus.