Rita has over 30 years of experience in the legal, compliance and banking sectors. She started her career as a management trainee in one of the leading banks in Hong Kong and gained comprehensive banking experience in the span of 10 years. Rita spent another 10 years as a practicing lawyer representing major banks in Hong Kong and Mainland China on cross-border financing transactions.
Prior to re-joining the private practice, Rita was Chief Compliance Officer in a major Chinese commercial bank which she was responsible for managing overall compliance function and acted as the key contact with regulators.
Rita holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, a Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from The University of Hong Kong, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Laws from Peking University. She is qualified in Hong Kong.
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- Deputy Chairman of the Examination Moderating Sub-Committee (Professional Qualification Programmes) of The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers
My matter highlights
Prior to joining Ince, Rita has advised on following matters:
- Representing banks, both in Hong Kong and Mainland, in preparing loan and security documents for project finance, trade finance and general banking facilities
- Representing banks in negotiating with clients on special arrangement on accounts and preparing relevant agreements
- Advising banks and financial institutions on legal and regulatory matters, including but not limited to privacy data, anti-money laundering and licensing
- Preparing standard forms and terms and conditions for accounts with clients