Rachel is a Medical Negligence Specialist with an extensive background of personal injury experience from both Claimant and Defendant perspectives. She has a combined experience of over 25 years in these fields and now advises on a wide range of medical cases.
Rachel’s experience includes dealing with birth claims and this can be from both the mother and baby perspective whether it is injury to the baby as a result of poorly managed labour, or avoidable perineal tears and bladder injuries, delay or misdiagnosis of all types of cancer, product liability cases, failure to diagnose fractures, nursing care claims, amputation cases, cases involving loss of or damage to eyesight.
Medical Negligence claims are complex since they often arise as a result of someone who is already having to deal with pre-existing medical conditions and the implications of that on their life and then finding that this has been worsened by the negligence of someone they have put their trust in. She is a reassuring and empathetic presence for her clients during the whole process.
“I am all too aware that the Claimants I represent have found what has happened to them very traumatic and often all they want is an apology from the person who has treated them. A legal claim can be a lengthy process and I try to offer reassurance and ensure they understand every step that the process involves.”
Professional associations and memberships
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx)
What you may not know about Rachel
Rachel is the beloved owner of a cockapoo and loves taking him on long walks culminating in a relaxing meal and drink. She is an avid reader and her passion is crime thrillers, both in reading books and films/tv.
My matter highlights
- Advising in a catastrophic injury case where, due to negligence, a closed fracture converted to an open fracture and ultimately resulted in a below leg amputation. This has had a significant effect on the Claimant’s lifestyle and his future needs will have to be considered very carefully.
- Advising in a case where there was a delay in diagnosis of cancer to the head which if treated would have led to a cure, but due to the delay has resulted in the cancer spreading and a reduced life expectancy.
- Won a product liability claim against a well-known manufacturer.
- Won a claim arising as a result of a fall in a nursing home where liability was denied throughout.
- Won a delay in diagnosis of a cervical fracture claim where the effects of the delay was in dispute throughout the lifetime of the case.
- Won a claim involving damage to eyesight arising from prolonged prescription use of a steroid ointment.
- Won a claim involving damage to eyesight in an elderly gentleman already with impaired hearing where there was a failure to diagnose his condition at an early stage and provide treatment which might have prevented such sight loss.
- Advised in a case of permanent bladder injury which arose during childbirth where water retention was not identified or dealt with.