Peter heads up the firm’s operations in Gibraltar. His key areas of specialism are finance & technology, with a particular focus on TMT, gaming, e-money & payments, blockchain and cryptocurrency, commercial law and cross-border regulatory advice. He is dual-qualified in England & Wales and Gibraltar.
Peter has been involved in finance and technology since 2000 when he started his career at another leading international law firm in London. He is the CEO of the Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association (GBGA), where he coordinates the industry on a wide range of issues, including regulatory, political and public relations matters.
Peter helped to establish the Gibraltar E-Money Association (GEMA) and has been acting as GEMA’s Secretary since 2012.
Legal Directory Quotes and Other Accolades
The Legal 500
“Ranked as a European expert for Gambling Law and TMT."
“No assumptions, just solutions.”
Professional associations & memberships
- CEO of the Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association
- Secretary of the Gibraltar E-Money Association
- Qualified English Solicitor
- Admitted to the Bar in Gibraltar
What you may not know about Peter
Peter is passionate about poetry, science, history, philosophy, economics, music and yoga.
- Co-ordinating the GBGA and working with other key stakeholders as part of a group helping to create a centre of excellence for responsible gaming at the University of Gibraltar
- Advising clients on the applicability of MIFID to market making and liquidity services in the cryptocurrency sector
- Advising the Gibraltar Blockchain Exchange (part of the Gibraltar Stock Exchange Group) on the applicable REuropean, UK and Gibraltar law for stablecoins (digital tokens that are tethered to fiat or another underlying asset)