Nick is the Global Head of Private Wealth at Ince. He qualified as a corporate solicitor at Lawrence Graham LLP before leaving law for five years to be an investment banker at UBS. He returned to Lawrence Graham, becoming a partner in their tier-one rated Private Capital business. He co-founded the Berkeley Law Group, where he was the Managing Partner, and oversaw the sale of the business to Irwin Mitchell LLP. At Irwin Mitchell, he ran the London and International and the National Tax, Trust and Estates teams and sat on the Private Wealth Executive Committee.
Nick’s role is to manage and grow the Private Wealth advisory business at the Ince Group which includes Private Client, Family, Personal Tax, Residential Conveyancing, Immigration, FCA-regulated Wealth Advisory, Pensions and Actuarial Services, Private Office and more.
Nick has wide experience in private wealth including tax, wealth and investment structuring (particularly with an offshore focus), investment funds, entrepreneurs and wealth creators, family investment vehicles, trusts, family governance, asset protection, relocation, family and private offices and family and owner-managed businesses. He advises individuals, families, business owners, banks, wealth managers, trust and corporate service providers and family and private offices.
“I bring solutions rather than just advice to my clients and to my colleagues.”
Professional associations and memberships
- Worshipful Company of Ironmongers
- Cavalry & Guards Club
What you may not know about Nick
Nick is a cyclist, skier and walker, who loves rugby and cricket and anything that can be described as a country pursuit. He is a very amateur natural historian with a keen love for dogs. He is married with two children.
My matter highlights
- Managing Irwin Mitchell LLP’s National Tax, Trusts and Estates business comprising seven offices and over one hundred staff with a turnover of approximately £12 million.
- Managing the turnaround and growth of Irwin Mitchell LLP’s London and International team.
- Setting up, managing and sale of award-winning alternative business structure which grew into a multi-regulated, multi-disciplinary professional services business.
- International elements of UK tax.
- Business wealth advice to entrepreneurs and wealth creators both in UK and abroad.
- International structuring for ultra-high net worth families, family offices and the advisers and service providers who look after them.
- Corporate finance legal advice to private funds and listed funds.
- Multiple IPOs and fund-raising for investment managers including Henderson Global Investors, Jupiter Asset Management, BFS Fund Management, Ruffer, Aberdeen Asset Management, Invesco Perpetual, New Star Asset Management, Thames River Capital, and M&G.
- General corporate finance and broking experience.
- Advice on multiple IPOs for UK technology companies and investment funds (UKLA main list and Alternative Investment Market).
My recent publications
News / Ince develops Private Wealth advisory practice with appointment of new Head
Ince is pleased to announce the appointment of Nick Rucker as Partner and Head of its Private Wealth advisory practice.