Naomi is a Partner in the Private Wealth team. She has over 12 years’ experience advising businesses, families and individuals in all aspects of structuring and protecting their private wealth. She provides strategic tax planning and advice on succession.
Naomi is an expert in rural affairs, family wealth protection and tax planning.
She advises a broad range of clients but specialises in advising middle income and high net worth clients and business owners, with a large portion of her client base being the farming community.
Naomi takes a holistic approach to her service; she works closely with the Commercial and Real Estate teams as well as Financial Advisors and Accountants to identify the needs of her clients.
Her breadth of knowledge and experience helps her clients mitigate inheritance tax and capital gains tax on lifetime gifts and through Estates after death; plan for the future with wills and create and administer trusts and powers of Attorney.
Professional associations & memberships
- Member of Devon and Somerset Law Society
- Member of STEP (Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners)
- Member of Solicitors for the Elderly
What you may not know about Naomi
Naomi is a keen runner and enjoys walks in the country, books and travel. She is married and has two boys.
My matter highlights
- Advising a farming family on succession planning to ensure tax is mitigated for future generations.
- Creating and preparing a lifetime gift into trust for grandparents wishing to protect the family wealth in the most tax-efficient way.
- Drafting wills for a couple who have remarried and have children from a previous marriage to set up a trust of the family home.
- Administering a high net worth Estate and making an application for Agricultural Property Relief and Business Property relief to ensure no inheritance tax is payable on an Estate.
My recent publications
News / Ince deepens Private Wealth offering with appointment of Naomi Woods as Partner
Hire will strengthen Ince’s full suite of private wealth advisory services with additional expertise in rural affairs, family wealth protection and tax planning.