“I am very focussed of making Ince much more than a traditional law firm by adding capabilities to help our clients to implement the advice that they have been given and by building solutions that will increase the value that our clients receive from what we do”
Following many years’ experience of leading consulting teams in a Big 4 Accountancy firm, both in the regulatory and legal domain, Mark has now joined Ince with the aim of building a global consulting capability. He intends to grow significantly our capabilities to advise clients in the areas of corporate refinancing, taxation, investment & and pensions, and compliance & and financial crime and to extend our range of services adjacent to those adjacent to our regulated legal practice in the UK, Europe and China. Mark also intends to work closely with our in-house technology team, E-Legal to identify areas of law where we can work with our regulated legal practice to provide new legal solutions to our clients.
Key strengths include:
- Leveraging senior level advisory experience in the areas of Conduct and Integrity to strengthen governance structures and procedures;
- Delivering higher profitability through the application of new delivery models and technologies;
- Guiding organisations in the identification and implementation of improved ways of working and behavioural change enabled by new technology; and
- Nurturing collaborative key senior stakeholder networks and relationships up to board level to win buy in to organisational goals.
- Member of the General Council of the Bar
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
My matter highlights
- My client needed to commission an independent regulatory review to resolve a key risk and compliance issue. As Lead Partner, led project to deliver the regulatory review. Developed strategy; discussed and agreed timetable with team; performed all Board, Exco and functional leader interviews; reviewed other interviews and results of review; assessed/amended draft report; advised client on implication of change; and presented to NEDs. Succeeded in submitting a report with client agreeing to implement recommendations and the matter resolved with the regulator to the satisfaction of the client.
- My client needed to de-risk their client base in a key geographic region. As Lead Partner, I led the delivery of client project. Persuaded client to follow a different approach which would be faster and require less people; led pilot to confirm timings/costings of revised approach; developed and agreed strategy and timetable; recruited multinational team; held regular team and client meetings; reviewed and amended draft report; and presented findings to client’s Executive team. Succeeded in completing the de-risking within the 4-month timeframe, with a quarter of the headcount and at a half of the cost.
- My client was fined for regulatory breaches. As Global Lead Client Service Partner, worked with respective C-Suites to protect relationships as a result of this situation. Agreed communication protocols; communicated agreed messaging internally; coordinated meetings between C-Suite members; attended meetings with client management to raise profile; and agreed announcement when regulatory orders expired. Succeeded in significantly improving profile within the client business and at C-Suite.
My testimonials and accolades
“in recognition of Mark’s dedication and professionalism over many years.”
- The Compliance Register Hall of Fame Lifetime Achievement Award 2019
“Mark Tantam leads (Deloitte’s) global investigations practice and is regularly called upon to lead high-profile investigations all over the world thanks to his extensive experience in the areas of money laundering, corruption and breach of sanctions.”
- Who’s Who Legal Investigations 2018