Expertise Catastrophic and fatal accident claims Department Personal Injury Qualified England and Wales 1999 Education (University) Bristol University, Bachelor of Law (LLB) Nottingham Trent University, Diploma in Legal Practice Languages English
Leigh Woodham specialises in personal injury law, including both catastrophic and Fatal Accident claims. With over 20 years’ experience, Leigh is a Managing Associate in the firm’s Bristol office and is qualified in the English/Welsh jurisdictions. He acts on behalf of injured claimants, and has a particular interest in representing victims of accidents at work and road traffic collisions.
Leigh’s priority is to help clients with their health and recovery, advising on how to cope with the financial effects of being unable to work, and aims to help clients to get some normality back into their lives.
Leigh helps clients through the claims process to make it as smooth as possible. Often he can help obtain privately funded rehabilitation (at the insurer's expense) to quicken the clients recovery.
Leigh provides thorough and practical advice throughout the claims process, explaining each step of the way so there should be no surprises. Leigh takes pride in both his attention to detail and the results he achieves. Rest assured, Leigh will represent to the highest standards and work to ensure his clients receive the maximum compensation possible.
Professional associations and memberships
- Leigh has been accredited to the Law Society's Personal Injury Panel of lawyers since 2012.
What you may not know about Leigh
Leigh is a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists, and has been an advanced driver for nearly 20 years. He enjoys cycling in his spare time.
My matter highlights
- Working with a colleague to achieve a settlement for a young family where the mother / wife was tragically killed in a car crash.
- Receiving praise from both the judiciary and Queens Counsel for the quality of the Schedules presented in evidence to justify the valuation of his clients’ claims.
- Being invited to give a presentation to the Bath and District Advanced Motorists group about Personal Injury and Road Traffic claims.
- Leigh works closely with Roadpeace, a national charity for road crash victims in the UK. Roadpeace provides support to people affected by road crashes, and outside of Covid-19 restrictions the South West Group holds its support meetings in our Bristol Office.
My testimonials and accolades
“Leigh has been absolutely brilliant - he has been thorough, methodical and sensitive in dealing with the case, and we think that it is down to his hard work that is reflected in the results that have been achieved. He has been excellent at keeping us informed throughout the process, gave us confidence in the approach he took, and was thoroughly professional throughout.
My recent publications
Insights / Are we becoming safer drivers? 260 fewer road related deaths and 25,000 fewer injuries reported in 2020
With road-related deaths decreasing significantly in 2020 and further reductions expected in the 2021 figures, Leigh Woodham, Personal Injury specialist examines the statistics and questions whether we are becoming safer drivers after all.
Insights / Ince Metcalfes appointed as member of RoadPeace's South West regional panel to support local crash victims
Today, RoadPeace, the national charity for road crash victims has launched its regional legal panel, and Ince Metcalfes have been selected as the sole member of the South West regional panel.