Ian’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and dispute resolution. He has extensive experience advising domestic and international developers, contractors and subcontractors in litigation, arbitration and mediation concerning building and construction related disputes under Hong Kong and PRC jurisdictions.
Prior to his legal profession, Ian was a building services engineer who had worked on various mega construction projects in Hong Kong. Ian has deep knowledge of the construction sector and is adept in providing legal advice on construction related agreements and building contracts.
My matter highlights
Prior to joining Ince, Ian has advised on following matters:
- Acted for a major listed construction company in Hong Kong on a misrepresentation claim against the HKSAR concerning the use of a land lot with an estimated value of over HK$2 billion.
- Acting for a leading luxurious products distributor in Hong Kong and Mainland China in arbitration proceedings concerning breach of distribution agreement with claims amount of over RMB$500 million.
- Advised an international tobacco business in a civil claim relating to the misappropriation of assets and breach of fiduciary duties with claims valued over HK$400 million.
- Advised a major listed construction company in Hong Kong on a shareholders’ dispute concerning a property project with an estimated worth of over HK$300 million.
- Acting for a major international property investor in a civil claim concerning breach of purchase and sales agreements of a total of 27 properties in one of the luxurious property developments in HK with claims valued over HK$120 million.
- Acting for a listed company in Hong Kong in defending a claim for breach of fiduciary duties and disposition of property to defraud creditors concerning the transfer of a sum of over HK$50 million to the listed company.
- Advised the shareholders of a local restaurant in a property related dispute concerning with an estimated value of over HK$50 million.
- Acting for the Government of an African country in recovering a land property of over $40 million in a Hong Kong civil claim concerning breach of trust agreement.
- Acting for the majority shareholder of a television station operating in Hong Kong and Mainland China in defending a civil claim concerning breach of investment agreements and shareholders’ agreements.
- Acted for a major property developer in Hong Kong in defending a civil claim concerning misrepresentation and illegal structure.