Huw is highly experienced in advising on the tax aspects of corporate finance, venture capital, property finance, property and capital market transactions and funds, and international private wealth.
He has also advised a wide range of sports clients including clients involved in motor sports and football, including planning involving image rights and tax efficient transfers of footballers. In addition, Huw has been involved in the resolution of a large number of tax disputes with HMRC for sports clients.
Huw gives incisive and innovative tax advice in a balanced and commercial manner and enjoy building strong business relationships with clients.
"EXPERT KNOWLEDGE OF THE SPANISH TAX MARKET, WHICH COMBINED WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE OF UK CORPORATE TAXATION AND INTERNATIONAL TAX RENDERS HIM A SKILLED AND EXPERIENCED TAX LAWYER"
"IMPRESSES WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE OF BOTH UK CORPORATE TAXATION AND INTERNATIONAL TAX"
"BRIGHT, THOROUGH AND EFFICIENT"
- Advising on the tax aspects of listing a REIT
- Advising on the re-domiciliation and restructuring of an international hotel group
- Advising a Jersey based property development syndicate on the sale of several property development projects
- Undertaking several tax litigation cases against HMRC
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Chambers Global - ranked in Chambers Global 2012, 2013 and 2014, earning praise for his knowledge of international tax matters.