Expertise TMT, Fintech, Leisure, hospitality and retail Department Corporate & Commercial Qualified England and Wales 2015 Education (University) University of Bristol, Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Bristol Law School (LPC) Languages English
Edward is an experienced transactional lawyer and enjoys working with owner managed and family businesses, SMEs and their directors and shareholders every step of the way through a transaction.
Ed advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructuring and day to day business affairs. He also advises on commercial contracts and corporate governance matters. His clients range from start-ups to multinationals, and come from a variety of industries including technology, real estate, healthcare and professional services.
He also has a specialism in emerging and disruptive technologies, and is a blockchain thought leader and has spoken internationally on the topic. This followed a secondment working with sector experts at Anderson Kill in New York.
Ed has an international outlook, having worked in the UK, US and Cyprus.
“I enjoy building and maintaining relationships with my clients, finding out what drives them and providing a personable, clear and pragmatic approach to help them achieve their goals.”
Professional associations and memberships
- Member of Bristol Junior Chamber of Commerce
What you may not know about Edward
In his spare time Ed can often be found playing football, golf and tennis or chasing after Nessa the cavapoo.
My matter highlights
- Advised the buyer of Ribcraft, a leading international shipbuilding business based in the South West, which included working with Alastair Holland in our Dubai office.
- Advised the sellers of Premier Care Management on their sale to buy and build private equity outfit Tristone Capital.
- Advised the sellers of Bristol Golf Centre on their sale to Golf & Leisure Group.
- Advised the buyer of the Nexus and Three People recruitment group, which operates nationwide and internationally from its headquarters in the South West.
- Advised the management team on their buyout of Childs Sulzmann Architects, a prominent firm which has worked on a number of well-known schemes in Bristol and beyond.
- Advised an international food and beverage company on an acquisition in the UK as part of its buy and build strategy.
- Assisted a client in its successful tender to deliver the Transport for London Future Bus system programme.
- Advised a leading regional day nursery operator on an acquisition of a pre-school in Bristol.
My testimonials and accolades
“Ed was always quick to respond and answered questions in a clear way.”
“Excellent from start to finish. Very informative and jargon free.”
“With the expert help of Ed I have now completed the transaction and cannot thank him enough. He kept me up to date with calls and emails throughout and made the whole process very straight forward and just as importantly on budget.”
My recent publications
Insights / Ince Metcalfes advises on acquisition of national recruitment company
Nexus, a national recruitment group based in Portishead, has been acquired by recruitment specialist Paul Archer in a deal led by Ince Metcalfes.
Insights / Ince supports the sale of popular golf centre in Bristol
A popular golf complex located in Hambrook, Bristol has been sold in a deal supported by law firm Ince.
Insights / Five reasons why your company should have a shareholders' agreement
Edward Chapman, Corporate Managing Associate at Ince Metcalfes, explains why this document could be the best investment you make in your business.
Insights / Ince Metcalfes advises on acquisition of leading international boat builder
Ribcraft, a highly respected British boatbuilding firm based in the South West has been acquired by Dubai based buyer Toby Adams, advised by the team at Ince Metcalfes.