Chris is a dispute resolution lawyer in the firm’s insurance and reinsurance team.
Chris is predominantly a litigator with a focus mainly on insurance work and commercial disputes. His practice covers a broad range insurance and reinsurance business lines, commercial litigation and contractual disputes. He also advises on policy wording and liability issues. Chris also has experience across the firm's core practice areas including shipping, energy and international trade disputes.
Chris has been involved in a variety of disputes in the Commercial and Chancery Courts, London arbitrations and in overseas jurisdictions. He also has experience of mediation and other forms of ADR.
My matter highlights
- Acting for French construction insurers in London arbitration proceedings against reinsurers seeking recoveries under a quota share agreement;
- Acting for former directors of a company under a D&O policy defending a claim for breach of directors’ duties in the Bermuda Commercial Court;
- Advising insurers on the impact of the Insurance Act 2015 on policy wordings and TOBAs;
- Advising legal expenses insurer on risks and potential liabilities arising from its policy terms, commercial arrangements and trading relationships under variety of circumstances;
- Acting for shareholders in the Chancery Court in a dispute arising from the exercise of a share purchase option;
- Acting for traders in an international commodities dispute in London arbitration proceedings; and
- A member of the firm’s team advising on criminal and civil proceedings in the Spanish court arising from the Prestige oil spill.