Alfred focuses on commercial litigation and disputes. He has substantial experience in handling disputes involving shareholders, issues relating to land/properties, trust agreements, bankruptcy, winding up proceedings as well as company liquidation.
Prior to joining the firm, Alfred has advised on criminal compliance issues and corporate investigations which involved disciplinary hearings and prosecutions by various government and professional bodies in Hong Kong including the Hong Kong Police Force, Hong Kong Independent Commission Against Corruption, Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission, Hong Kong Monetary Authority. He is also a specialist in handling departmental summonses concerning industrial safety and environmental issues.
Alfred is a regular speaker at various construction related events and conferences. He is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
My matter highlights
- Acting for a listed company in HK on a contractual dispute relating to the acquisition of the controlling shareholding worth over HK$2 billion.
- Acting for an international tobacco business in a civil claim concerning misappropriation of asset and breach of fiduciary duties with claims amount of over HK$400 million.
- Acted for a major construction company listed in Hong Kong on a shareholders’ dispute matter relating to a property project with an estimated value of over HK$300 million.
- Acted for a major developer listed in Hong Kong in advising on a contractual claim regarding a major infrastructure in Mainland China with claims amount of over RMB$140 million.
- Acting for a major international property investor in a civil claim concerning breach of purchase and sales agreements involving 27 properties in one of the luxurious property developments in HK with claims valuing to over HK$120 million.
- Represented one of the largest international insurance companies on several investigations by the Hong Kong Federation of Insurers relating to the misappropriation of premium payment involving insurance policies with an aggregate value of over HK$50 million.
- Acting for a listed company in HK in a defence claim for breach of fiduciary duties and disposition of property to defraud creditors concerning the transfer of a sum of over HK$50 million to the listed company.
- Acting for the holding company of a listed business in HK in a contractual claim arising from a subscription agreement involving an aggregate sum of US$20 million.
- Acted for the Government of an African country in recovering a land property of HK$40 million in a Hong Kong civil claim concerning breach of trust agreement.
- Acted for a leading luxurious products distributor in HK and Mainland China in arbitration proceedings concerning breach of distribution agreement with claims amount of over RMB$500 million.
- Acting for several major construction companies in defending departmental summonses issued by the Labour Department and the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (including handling related inquiries from the Development Bureau of the Hong Kong Government).
- Represented major construction companies in a bribery investigation by the ICAC concerning several major infrastructural developments in Hong Kong.
- Represented a garment designer and manufacturer on an intellectual property claim against a worldwide chained fashion company seeking for injunction and other reliefs.
- Acted for a major property developer in Hong Kong in defence civil claim concerning misrepresentation and illegal structure.
- Represented the owners of a luxurious property development in Hong Kong on a claim against a major property developer in Hong Kong in a civil claim concerning construction defects and poor-workmanship.