Alastair is a Partner within the firm’s corporate practice. He has over 20 years of experience advising clients throughout the Middle East on public and private M&A, equity capital markets, private equity, and joint ventures.
His clients also benefit from his sector expertise, particularly in energy & infrastructure, leisure, hospitality & retail, manufacturing, healthcare, education & financial services.
Alastair advises multinational corporations, high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs and family owned businesses on the acquisition, disposal and restructuring of assets in the UAE region.
He also advises on day-to-day business matters, in particular corporate governance and commercial contracts.
Prior to joining Ince, Alastair relocated to the UAE in 2008 where he acted as Managing Partner of the Abu Dhabi office for an international law firm and has also spent three years working in Frankfurt.
"Understanding my clients’ business and their commercial objectives is key to providing tailored and pragmatic advice."
Professional associations & memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- British Business Group, Dubai
What you may not know about Alastair
Alastair is passionate about choral singing. He was a choral scholar at Oxford, and continues to sing with the Dubai Chamber Choir and the Dubai Opera Festival Chorus.
My matter highlights
- Advising the sellers on the disposal of well-known Dubai 2-for-1 voucher business “The Entertainer”
- Advising the buyer on the acquisition of a water treatment business
- Acting for the buyer on the acquisition of a significant stake in a popular Dubai restaurant
- Advising an investor on its investment in an African mobile health business
- Advising the buyer on the acquisition of a boat manufacturing business
- Acting for the sellers on the disposal of a multi-disciplinary day surgery
- Advising a listed UK company on acquisitions in Oman and Abu Dhabi
- Advising a sovereign wealth fund on investments in schools in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi
- Acting for an Abu Dhabi family on the disposal of a manufacturing business
- Advising the target on the only public takeover in the DIFC
My testimonials and accolades
“Ranked in Band 2 of Corporate/Commercial & Commercial Contracts in United Arab Emirates.”
“He always works hard to understand what it is we're trying to achieve. He also understands when we're working to a tight budget.”