James is a Marine Manager based in our Singapore office. He began his career as a Naval Officer with the Republic of Singapore Navy. After his career with the Navy, James has garnered extensive experience in, amongst other things, marine surveying, and also worked as ISPS consultant.
Prior to joining Incisive Law, James served as a Harbour Pilot with PSA Marine Pte Ltd before joining the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) for 8 years. He played a key role in managing the Port of Singapore’s marine, emergency preparedness and security matters. James is accordingly well versed with pilotage guidelines and port regulations.
“Complete your assignment without fear or favour”
What you may not know about James
James loves cycling and outdoors especially sailing onboard powerboats and yachts. A person who loves both sunrise and sunset.
My matter highlights
- MPA liaison officer in a multi-agencies setup handling Maritime Security related matters.
- Review contingency plans related to marine emergency responses and security matters.
- Organise and conduct security drills / audit i.a.w ISPS code.
- Well versed with pilotage guidelines and port regulations.
- Conduct various marine related audits.