Expertise Ship Finance Department Maritime Qualified Athens, Greece (2013), New York, NY (2013), England & Wales (2018), Marshall Islands (2019) Education (University) New York University School of Law, Master of Laws (LLM) Corporate Law University of Athens Law School, Master of Laws (LLM) Civil Law University of Athens Law School, LL.B Languages English, Greek
An accomplished ship finance specialist, Konstantinos (Dinos) is a Partner in the firm’s Piraeus office. He has extensive experience in complex shipping financing arrangements acting regularly for both lenders and owners and a reputation for a pragmatic and efficient approach. Dinos is further qualified to practice law in the Marshall Islands and advises on matters of Marshall Islands and Liberian corporate and maritime law and issues related opinions.
Dinos advises on all aspects of shipping finance, including loan financings, sale and lease back transactions, ECA-backed facilities, restructurings and loan portfolio transfers.He has acted on behalf of major international banks, private equity investors and shipping companies, both private and listed. His transactional expertise extends to issues associated with corporate acquisitions, joint venture arrangements and the sale and purchase of ships.
Dinos further regularly advises on matters of Marshall Islands and Liberian corporate and maritime law and issues related legal opinions.
He is admitted to practice law in Greece, New York, England & Wales and the Marshall Islands.
Professional associations and memberships
- Hellenic Maritime Law Association
Legal directory quotes and other accolades
- Legal 500 – Greece – Shipping Finance: Rising Star
- IFLR 1000 – Greece – Shipping: Notable Practitioner
My matter highlights
Experience prior to Ince*
- Advising a London-based international bank as facility agent of a syndicate of international and Greek banks on a US$multi-million financing to a major Greek shipping company for the financing of two LNG newbuilding vessels (2020).
- Advising an alternative finance provider in relation to a US$multi-million financing to a major German shipowner secured on 17 vessels for the purpose of refinancing part of its existing indebtedness to a private equity creditor (2020).
- Advising a London-based international bank as facility agent of a syndicate of three banks on a US$multi-million KEXIM-backed pre-and post-delivery financing to a major Greek shipping company for the financing of two LNG newbuilding vessels (2020).
- Advising National Bank of Greece on the sale of a $262m portfolio (Project Leo) of 14 non-performing shipping loans to funds advised by Cross Ocean Partners, including the vendor’s due diligence and bidding process and the drafting and negotiation of the LSPA and transfer documentation (2019).
- Advising Entrust Global on a $150m sale and leaseback transaction with Danaos Corp. for the purpose of refinancing existing indebtedness secured on two container vessels subject to long-term charters with Hyundai Merchant Marine Co., Ltd. (2019).
- Advising a syndicate of five international banks led by DNB Bank ASA in relation to a senior secured term loan facility of US$310m made available to Star Bulk Carriers Corp.secured on 26 vessels (2018).
- Advising Danaos Corp. on the comprehensive restructuring and refinancing of its US$2.2bn debt maturing 31 December 2018 with certain of its lenders including Citibank, Credit Suisse, HSH Nordbank and RBS (2018).
- Advising a syndicate of seven international banks led by HSH Nordbank AG in relation to a senior secured term loan facility of US$460m made available to Capital Product Partners L.P. secured on 35 vessels (2017).
My recent publications
News / Ince Piraeus adds lateral hire to expanding shipping team
18-01-2021 / Maritime
Ince has today announced the hire of Konstantinos (Dinos) Mexias as Partner in Piraeus, to strengthen its already world-leading shipping team.