Dorothy specializes in commercial, insolvency and banking litigation. She has extensive experience in acting for leading financial institutions, liquidators and auditors.
Prior to joining the legal profession, Dorothy had been working in the accounting and auditing field. She has been actively engaged in handling complex and large-scale winding-up proceedings. Her practice has also expanded into audit negligence claims, claims againstdirectors, and restructuring of insolvent companies. She also has substantial experience in banking and financial services related litigation. She has advised and acted for leading financial institutions in debt recovery matters. She is also a specialist in defending disciplinary proceedings against auditors.
My matter highlights
- Acted for the (provisional) liquidators in the winding up proceedings of a major construction and property development company listed in Hong Kong, which involved numerous and frequent applications to the Courts of different jurisdictions for different sorts of relief and assistance for cross-border matters
- Acted for the (provisional) liquidators of a company listed in Hong Kong, which was one of the largest aluminium extruders in the PRC, against the former directors for breach of fiduciary duties
- Acted for the independent financial advisor (an international audit firm) in the restructuring of one of the largest suppliers of paper products incorporated in Hong Kong
- Acted for an international audit firm in defending audit negligence claims and disciplinary proceedings
- Acted for the (provisional) liquidators of Hong Kong listed companies to pursue audit negligence claims against the companies’ former auditors