Eva is a dispute resolution specialist who brings 15 years of advocacy as well as inhouse experience to her clients. She is dual qualified in England & Wales and Germany and is a bar accredited transport specialist.
Eva specialises in complex transport and transport insurance claims for national and international clients. She handles mainly contentious shipping and logistics matters as well as general commercial and trade disputes.
Her experience includes defending logistic service providers on complex multi-party disputes, negotiating settlements in multi-layer insurance and liability cases and representing parties in high end recovery proceedings as well as handling of GA and salvage-claims.
Eva is a lecturer for international transport and transport insurance law for postgraduates at the Martin-Luther University.
"My clients can rely on a hands-on and very communicative approach with a strong commercial focus embedded in any domestic or international legal framework."
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Member of the German Transport Law Association and the German Maritime Law Association,
- Member of the German Maritime Arbitration Association
- Member of the Hanseatic Chamber of Lawyers and the Law Society of England & Wales.
What you may not know about Eva-Maria
Eva enjoys running, reading, and travel.
Employee of Ince Germany Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, an independent law firm cooperating with The Ince Group.
My matter highlights
- Advising and negotiating one of recent years largest cargo bulk claims on behalf of cargo underwriters
- Advising an international liability insurer in a high-end international dispute on issues of cover
- Defending an international trader in a cross-border warehouse and trade dispute
- Representing a client’s interests on one of the largest cruise ships casualties of recent years
My recent publications
News / The Insurance and Reinsurance Law Review Tenth Edition
19-05-2022 / Insurance
We are delighted to share with you the tenth edition of The Insurance and Reinsurance Law Review edited by Simon Cooper. As with previous years, Ince was a member of The Law Reviews (TLR) leading panel of contributors.
Insights / Is civil litigation a proper tool to stop climate change?
02-12-2021 / Energy & Infrastructure
The case of Saul Luciano Lliuya vs RWE - an example of a pending climate litigation case in Germany
Insights / ICLG - Germany: Shipping Laws and Regulations
20-08-2020 / Maritime
Germany covers common issues in shipping laws and regulations - including marine casualty, cargo claims, passenger claims, arrest and security - in 40 jurisdictions.