Dayton is an experienced practitioner with over 30 years of working within the Private Client arena, specialising in advising on and drafting Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney, Inheritance Tax Planning and estate administration. Dayton is a full member of STEP and a qualified Chartered Tax Adviser.
Dayton assists clients to minimise their exposure to Inheritance Tax with prudent tax planning to use available exemptions and allowances, and help them write their Wills to preserve their assets for future generations.
Dayton works with clients to help them get through the loss of their loved ones, helping to ease their burden and take away the administrative stress, allowing them to grieve as they should be able to without the additional worry of sorting paperwork out.
Dayton's approach in all matters is to listen to his clients, giving them time and support enabling him to pick up on anything which may be troubling them or they need help with, rather than just dealing with the single issue they came in to see me about.
“I like to get to know my clients as people, helping them through difficult times and building up a relationship as their Trusted Adviser”.
Professional associations and memberships
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Association of Tax Technicians
What you may not know about Dayton
Dayton is a keen hill Walker. He has completed the National Three Peaks Challenge in 22 hours 43 minutes, and has realised a Bucket List dream by trekking to Everest Base Camp in 2018. He also takes part in charity events such as the Snowdonia Multi Peak Challenge and TrekFest raising fund for Prostate Cancer Research and a local Neo-Natal Maternity Unit.
My matter highlights
- Obtaining a refund of £80,000+ in Inheritance Tax paid by utilising exemptions discovered to be available.
- Unravelling complicated files and presenting the final accounts into an understandable format for clients.
- Negotiating with HMRC on their calculation of interest on unpaid Inheritance Tax and gaining their agreement to my calculations resulting in £’000s in interest and tax refunded.
- Resolving a case that had been outstanding with dissatisfied clients for over two years involving a probate estate and lifetime trusts, bring all to a conclusion within three months and retaining the clients for the firm.