- Preparing and filing a broad range of personal, trust and estate tax returns, including co-ordinating input on these both externally and from within the department.
- Completing trust and estate accounts, as well as beneficiary tax statements, and dealing with issues surrounding the same.
- Completing charity accounts and filing documents with the Charity Commission.
- Preparing and filing capital gains tax returns.
- Dealing with inheritance tax 10 year anniversary charges and completing relevant inheritance tax forms.
- Registering and updating trusts on HMRC’s Trust Registration Service.
- Assisting with the on-going administration of Ince’s trust company, which acts as professional trustee and executor on a broad range of matters, including complex estates, Will trusts, life interest and discretionary trusts.
- Liaising with clients, trustees, personal representatives, beneficiaries, HMRC, brokers, lawyers and other relevant parties as required in order to progress and complete matters.
- Entering data from brokers’ packs, bank statements, HMRC statements and other documents by creating ledgers and then the final trail balances.
- Working with colleagues in the department to make sure targets are met and the department is working efficiently.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience from a relevant trust administration or accountancy role.
- Significant knowledge and awareness of the UK personal tax system, including income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax (knowledge of other taxes would be advantageous).
- Experience of preparing and filing tax returns and preparing accounts
- Experience of using tax reporting software and IT systems
- Committed to maintaining and developing technical skills through on-going training and development.
- Well presented, professional and articulate with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills
- Demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative
- Confident, personable and approachable disposition
- A proactive approach and the ability to think ahead and forward-plan
- A proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with all whom you interact
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively under pressure while maintaining a level-headed and calm approach in all situations
- Independent, self-motivated, and able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Salary is competitive
- 25 days annual leave including the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4x Salary
- Income Protection Cover
- Optical Care vouchers and many more benefits and discounts