Requirements and previous experience
- The successful candidate will be working on a wide range of landlord and tenant issues, development projects, investment sales and purchases for owner managed and SME clients.
- Drafting and negotiating residential property documents, assisting Partners on larger commercial property and real estate transactions and projects as well as planning and running their own commercial property files focusing on general landlord and tenant issues.
- Legal/technical ability as it relates to commercial property and the conveyancing process particularly as applied to acquisitions, disposals and leases of commercial land and buildings
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the client's aims and objectives, together with being able to interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action.
- Able to demonstrate competence in own area of law and able to identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a case or a transaction.
- Draft legal documents in plain language that is clear, concise and make best use of precedents including knowing how to save time and costs.
- Participate in business generation activities including identifying and attending appropriate networking opportunities
- Exceptional communication, presentation and problem solving skills, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills, great attention to detail and an ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with clients and third parties with whom you interact.
- Proven multi-tasker, who can demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative.
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively. We would expect you to play an active role within the team and support other team members during busy times.
- Used to delivering against short deadlines, accurately and a proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
- Able to demonstrate experience, liaising pro-actively with third parties professionally
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills.