- Providing support on our ship and aviation finance precedents (but with an emphasis on ship finance precedents).
- Updating our banking and finance loan and security documentation with a particular focus on the LIBOR transition.
- Overseeing and coordinating the production of legal, technical content for regular publications (newsletters, briefings).
- Researching topics and speakers for client-facing events.
- Coordinating the drafting of talks/presentations by fee-earners (client-facing).
- Liaising with Business Development and Marketing (“BD&M”) team and fee earners in preparation and delivery of regular publications.
- Liaising with BD&M team and fee earners in delivery of client-facing (in-house) events including hosting.
- Liaising with BD&M team in respect of website materials.
- Supporting and editing production of legal directory submissions.
- Targeting – identification of key clients and contacts for BD & marketing opportunities.
- Liaising with BD&M team and fee earners re Group use of social media.
- Liaising with external organisations and membership bodies to coordinate attendance at industry events and access to legal information.
- Supporting the organisation of in-house presentations by external speakers.
- Some UK, international and/or long haul travel may be required.
Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with the banking and finance industry with particular reference to the LIBOR transition is highly desirable.
- An understanding of the shipping industry and current issues, needs or concerns of key shipping clients would be beneficial.
- Qualified to practice as an English solicitor or barrister.
- Well presented, professional, and articulate with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative.
- Confident, personable, and approachable disposition.
- A proactive approach and the ability to think ahead and forward-plan.
- A proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
- Ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with all whom you interact.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure while maintaining a level-headed and calm approach in all situations.
- Independent, self-motivated, and able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Salary is competitive.
- 25 days annual leave including the opportunity to buy and sell holiday.
- Matched pension contributions.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Life Assurance at 4x Salary.
- Income Protection Cover.
- Optical Care vouchers and many more benefits and discounts.