- Contact individual and corporate debtors daily when payment is overdue via all communication methods;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, both internal and external, to enable the collection of outstanding debts whilst reducing lockup;
- Sole responsibility for a portfolio of accounts ensuring that collection targets are not just hit, but exceeded;
- Ensure that the bad debt provision of your portfolio is within firm requirements;
- Update and maintain debtor records;
- Use industry specific software to update debtor records as required;
- Undertake routine credit administration tasks as required by the team;
- Take payments by card and ensuring that records are accurately processed and updated;
- Reconciling of accounts to ensure accuracy for clients;
- Monitoring of the group inbox and taking of group calls at specified times; and
- Additional credit control projects as specified by the Head of Revenue and Credit Control.
- Previous experience in a credit control capacity or similar collections environment;
- Experience updating and maintaining debtor records is requirement;
- Ability to manage your own portfolio autonomously is a requirement;
- Able to demonstrate experience in liaising pro-actively with third parties;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines – accurately;
- Previous experience of accounts software packages;
- Experienced user of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; and
- Previous experience in the legal sector is preferable although applicants wishing to move into the legal sector will be considered.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively via all forms of communication;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks:
- Works well within a team, providing help where needed and treats others with respect:
- Excellent attention to detail: and
- Experience within a legal environment is advantageous.
- Salary is competitive;
- 25 days annual leave including the opportunity to buy and sell holiday;
- Matched pension contributions;
- Private Health Insurance;
- Life Assurance at 4x Salary;
- Income Protection Cover; and
- Optical Care vouchers and many more benefits and discounts.